Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ya Gotta Give the People What They Want

I wanted to accomplish a simple task today: buy a copy of the special edition of Walk the Line. Doesn't seem like it should be difficult right?

Well, I went to 6 different stores. To be fair, I found 6 or 7 copies of the movie at the 5th store I went to, but they were all full screen copies of the regular edition and they had just come in today. Seriously, 5 out of 6 stores were completely sold out of any copies of the movie?!

The movie was released exactly 1 week ago tonight. Oh, you could find plenty of copies of the new Harry Potter dvd. Probably thousands of copies. But Walk the Line...I mean, did they just not think it would be that popular so each store only ordered a few copies? You can bet they didn't order as many copies of it as they did Harry Potter. I actually asked an employee at one store if they had recalled every single copy of the movie for some reason.

So this is my request to all the stores that carried the movie: how about you order more than 5 copies next time? Give it the same respect that you give other big releases...damn you Harry Potter!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen Mueller said...

hope you find it soon, bro!

3/08/2006 12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even when he's mainstream, he's never quite mainstream. the paradox lives on.

3/10/2006 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home