Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bean Cult-ure

i'm on to you starbucks! you tried to suck me in, but i'm too swift for your cheap trickery!

i'm at starbucks after work yesterday because that's where my carpool goes. i'm not the driver, so i go along every week and get a brownie and some water. i've never been a coffee man. i'm just not impressed.

first of all, i don't really like warm beverages at all. hot chocolate is ok. but coffee is mostly too bitter. i know you can sweeten it and everything, but if i do drink it i usually need to put so much sugar in it, just to make it palatable, that it's basically like hot chocolate anyway.

so, today, i was enjoying what i ordered when one of the servers brings around free samples of their new "marble mocha macchiato". i took one, hesitatingly. i mean, i didn't think i would possibly like it but...it's free. so i took a sip..."damn, this is pretty good!" another sip followed..."wow, must drink more."

i downed that sample cup pretty quick and wanted...MORE! i could barely contain myself. i was buzzed. it was all i could do to stop myself from buying a cup. but i did stop myself.

don't you try it again starbucks. you tried once, and it was a noble effort. "marble mocha macchiato"...it's coffee! but you're not gonna get me!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke . . . yield to the dark, rich, aromatic side of the force!!

2/19/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

I think even now you are still thinking about the lovely, rich aroma and the steamy and heavenly goodness. You can't forget about it - you MUST give in or it will drive you out of your mind!

MMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmmmm...

2/20/2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger agapetos said...

!! We're rather fond of iced cappacinos at our house! I actually prefer my coffee cold, so I make myself this mostly milk, instant coffee, with too much sugar drink at home to get my fix.

2/20/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger johnny m said...

i remain steadfast in my resistance to the cult of the grinds. although that macchiato...i mean coffee beckons to me even now, my resolve will not weaken. sorry cranky, you can't fool me.

2/20/2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger Helen Mueller said...

oh well, I guess you just forfeit the wonderful pleasure that the rest of us coffee conneseurs (can't remember how to spell that) go through each day. Your loss.

2/20/2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger agapetos said...

ohhh, "forfeiting pleasure" .... that can't be good!!!!

2/21/2006 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home