Saturday, March 24, 2007

joys of womanhood

so, clearly i can't write about this from a 1st person perspective. i realize that convincing myself i can understand what the opposite sex endures would be a lie. however...

the stupidity of a particular ad campaign geared toward women kind of makes me think women should be pissed off about it. it's the feminine product always. their retarded slogan? "have a happy period"...what?

again, i clearly don't actually know exactly what women experience when they have their "period", but from what i've heard it's far from happy. let's see, feeling bloated, having wicked bad pain in the abdominal region, and...oh, yeah, blood coming out of the whoo-ha. these are all known to be some of the more common experiences during a woman's period.

but, hey, as long as you use always, it will be a happy time because they're made of sunshine and rainbows!

why the hell aren't more women complaining about this ad campaign??? it doesn't seem right that i'm the only one pissed off about this. come on ladies! wake the hell up! they're telling you that having a regular time where you bleed for like 4 or 5 days straight can be a happy time.

i'll bet the next time the warden's in the middle of having her girly problems if i said, "come on, have a happy period" i'd have to go the hospital to get my happy broken arm taken care of.

2 Comments:

Blogger agapetos said...

I can't say I've noticed this ad ... I pretty much try to zone our all feminine product ads like this, as I already know I need the stuff!
Interesting topic though, I found this site a year ago, that sells nondisposable items for this time of the month, made from more natural products, and they claim that avoiding all the disposable plastics helps to have a happier healthier period. There I read of a movement among women to bring back and more positive attitude about this part of our womanhood. I'm all for improving attitudes about being a woman, and all that entails. Let's be positive about how we are and how our bodies work. Who knows where "Always" is coming from.
A personal pet peeve of mine is here the comment "you're such a girl", usually said from one guy to another as an insult. The burns my butt.

3/25/2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger agapetos said...

Could I have made more typos? ....

3/25/2007 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home