Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbors Dog!

okay, okay, it sounds stupid. i caught myself coveting a person's dog(s) the other day. see, sometimes when i walk my dog, a person on my block also happens to be walking her dogs (twin huskies, pure bred).

i almost cower in shame when i see them though, because my dog is, well, mangey (without the smell...is that how you spell mangey?...pron. main-gee...), and her dogs are always well groomed and perfectly behaved.

my dog jumps all over any dog that she comes across (not in a sexual way, just in an "hey, it's great to see you!!!" kind of way).

my dog is whiney and barks a lot (and apparently sometimes howls when my wife and i go away). i have never heard a peep out of her dogs.

now, don't get me wrong, this woman clearly takes pride in her dogs and wants them to be neatly groomed. however, she has never once acted superior or condescending because i don't. she has never acted like her dogs are better than my dog, unlike a certain show poodle owner on our block.

but the last time i came across her on one of her dog-walks, i thought to myself, "man, it would be great to have such well behaved dogs!" it's not that i don't love my dog...it's just that...hell, i don't know what i'm trying to say...

is it wrong to covet my neighbor's dogs???

1 Comments:

Blogger johnny m said...

hey, thanks for the "word up!" i appreciate your input. the thing is, if i minimized, it wouldn't be called "standardrant", it would be called "sustainedrant", or else "controlledrant", or perhaps even "rantonaleash". i hear what you're saying, i talk too much. i just can't help it...when i am writing a post i start out really reserved and laid back, but then i think "dog in parka" and i snap! keep the comments coming folks! don't forget, if you hate the blog you can always post anonymously.

7/06/2004 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home